Rebecca Abreu is celebrating what would have been the 1st birthday of her daughter today. Annabelle Angel was stillborn at 31 weeks on August 3rd last year.
Rebecca has created the Pay it Forward Project in honor of Annabelle and asks that today you help celebrate by committing a random act of kindness.
Rebecca says: “Something that I have learned this year is the enthusiasm and optimism felt when paying it forward. I have sent out care packages to many bereaved parents and with each care package sent out, each word of support shared through our pages, a beautiful light erupts in my soul and for that brief moment I feel unbroken. I feel like each of us truly have the power to change someone’s life for the better.”
Here are some “random act of kindness” suggestions:
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive-through
- Buy a meal for the homeless
- Clean up graffiti
- Pick up trash
- Play music for the elderly
- Water dry plants at a cemetery
- Let someone cut in line in front of you
- Smile to everyone on the street
- Return a shopping cart
- Write and mail a letter to someone who made a difference in your life!