By Kathleen Guthrie Woods
As I get ready to embrace a fresh start this January—as I assemble my goals, state my intentions, dream, and plan for the months ahead—I’ve been thinking about how I might resolve some of my issues stemming from my journey to childfreeness, perhaps dissolve the last remnants of grief, and solve the mystery of what a beautiful Plan B might look like for me. Here are some of the tasks on my list:
- Reconnect with my soul by walking a labyrinth. (Find one near you here.)
- Talk to women at every level of the childfree path and share their stories on LWB. (More on this later.)
- Visit various networking groups (for women business owners, crafters, or writers) until I find my local tribe.
- Read Jody Day’s Rocking the Life Unexpected. (Watch Lisa’s recent interview with the amazing Jody here.)
- Take a class in something that tickles my imagination, challenges my brain, and entertains my spirit—and has nothing to do with kids. (I’m exploring healthy cooking for two, French conversation, Taiko drums, and agility training with my two four-legged “kids.”)
There’s room on my list for other ideas, so I’d love to hear what you are planning for 2014.
Happy new year!
Freelance writer Kathleen Guthrie Woods feels humbled and privileged to be part of Life Without Baby’s community of extraordinary women.